Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Apartment/ Holiday Wish List

Everyone has been amazing at sending me stuff. I am so grateful. I've put together another list, since it seems like people actually enjoy putting packages together, and well, since you're gonna do it anyway, thought I'd help you out. This is what I could use:
can opener
fabreeze****
body spray
stovetop stuffing****
French's Dried Onions (for green bean cassarole)****
onion dip/soup packs
thumbtacks
smart wool socks
scented candles
taco seasoning
a new flash drive (mine has a virus)
warm hooded sweatshirt
black stretch pants (for layering)
2 pocket folders
index cards
small reading light/ booklight
paper towels (cannot get here)
tinfoil (unheard of here)
small notebooks
tequila nips, Bailey's nips (hide and don't declare - contact Martha for expert instructions)
mouthwash
deodorant (it's so expensive here!)
oil-free face lotion
Reeces Pieces
Jiffy Pop

**** indicates urgent need

Packing in boxes and sealing with the US Postal tape seems to work the best. Make an inventory list on inside of box to further prevent theft.
Don't send big/heavy boxes - too expensive and difficult to carry home from the post ofice. I can live without all of this stuff, so don't feel like you have to send me anything. But, if you want to, Thank You in advance!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Beck,

I found a matching hat, scarf and mitten set that I know will match your jacket, so I'll send them this week with some of the other stuff on your list:
febreeze and all the food items, foil & paper towels, fleece blanket. I'll look for a flash drive and reading light too. I'll see if you have a warm hooded sweatshirt in your room. If I include anything else, I'll post it so others will know.
Love you and miss you!
Mom :-)

Mom said...

Hi Beck,

I'm glad you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was great to be able to talk to you again!

In addition to what I mentioned in the previous comment, I'll be sending a can opener, body spray, all the food items, your warm hooded grey sweatshirt, fleece blanket, tinfoil, 2 small notebooks, Bic markers I found in your room, mouthwash, deodorant and the 2 textbooks you wanted. Maybe paper towels.
I haven't looked at flash drives yet.
I'll talk to you soon!
Love you and miss you!
Mom:-)