Monday, January 21, 2008

Kitten!!

Well, I got my kitten. I returned from In-Service Training Tuesday afternoon and picked the little one up Tuesday night. It’s Friday now, and in the past 3 days I managed to litter box train her. She’s so smart! She’s only 7 weeks old, but is doing very well adjusting. She’s eating and sleeping a lot, likes to play with ping-pong balls, and loves to cuddle. I tell her everyday that I’m not a tree but she climbs me anyway – from my slippers to my shoulders! When I cook dinner she likes to sleep in the hood of my sweatshirt, and when I’m sitting, she’s always sleeping in my lap. We brought her mother over today so she could nurse one more time, but it didn’t happen – she was preoccupied with wrestling and playing with momma’s tail. She has one small deformity - an ear and a half on the right side. It’s hardly noticeable, unless you really look for it. Haven’t picked a name yet, but am leaning towards Roo because she likes to cling to me like a little kangaroo. But I’ve been calling her all sorts of names: Cry Baby, Monkey, Gabby, Flappy, Flying Squirrel (you should see her jump!). I’m still taking suggestions.

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: