Sunday, February 24, 2008

Power Meltdown

This past Thursday, after a long day at the office without electtricity, I went home to find that the power in my apartment was on. I settled down with a movie and an hour or so into it I heard a terrible hissing noise. I looked down at my power adapter, plugged into my surge protector and black smoke was comming out of it. I immediately ripped it out of the power strip, then unplugge the power strip altogether. It was too late...brown liquid was ozzing out of it. Luckily my computer survived the surge. But I no longer have a way to charge my battery. My power adapter was fried beyond repair.

Just as that was happening, I flicked on my light to get a better look at the damage and my light bulb became painfully bright then exploded. The glass bulb litteraly flew out of the socket - leaving the metal part behind. This surge went on all night and into the next morning blowing up all my lightbulbs and smoking my chargers. It was quite unpleasant.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Beck,

It was so good to talk to you again today. I'm glad I finally got international calling on my phone plan. I'll get the power adapter and whatever you need for your computer and send it a.s.a.p.-not to worry.

Rol and I are going cross country skiing this afternoon at Tattersall Farm in Haverhill. It snowed all day Friday and it's about 40 degrees and sunny today - perfect conditions, so we're going to try it out before the snow melts.

I just wrapped up that 2nd box, so I'll mail those before work tomorrow morning.

Have a good week, Beck, and I'll talk to you soon.
Love ya and miss you,
Mom :-)

Becky said...

Thank You so much mom!! You are amazing. I love you and miss you soo much.