Thursday, July 5, 2007

One Day Down

Well, my first day of orientation is over. It went well. Compared to how nervous/ anxious I was this morning I was very calm all day. My roomate arrived right before 1pm - her parents drove her from West Virginia. At registration we found out there are 62 of us. The activities and presentations today about what to expect, how to integrate, and saftey reminded me a lot of some of the SIT activities: working in small groups and coming up with something on flip chart paper then presenting it to the rest of the group. I even had to explain what it means to be a Master's International Student at one point - since I'm the only one. At the end of the day we recieved debit cards and for our expenses for these two days. I walked to dinner with my roomate and another set of roomates. So it's 10pm now...I'm going to sleep. Goodnight : )

4 comments:

AuntieM said...

Hey Beck - sounds like you are off to a good start. Be safe - I'm so excited for you. Love, Auntie M

BrendaC said...

I just wanted you to know that all of us here in CA think that your volunteering through the PC is such a fantastic, generous gift of your time and self. We will be thinking of you and praying that you stay safe. love, Brenda

ktj said...

Hi love! It sounds like everything is going well in cherry hill, haha. Learn so much and enjoy every minute fo your experience! Have a safe trip to istanbul(?) and then on to your new home. Love you - your best cousin katie :)

DrBlake said...

We're all very impressed and excited about your service! Your updates are fantastic. I'll be sure and do my part for the West, and ensure the recyclables get in the right bin. God Bless to you and your family.